Old 02-12-2007, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Marco Schwarz Marco Schwarz is offline

Default Seed potato sorts

Hi..

someone wrote:

I don't think you're writing from the U.K. so unfortunately you won't be
able to take advantage of Potato Day next February (type Potato Day into
Google to see where is closest to you).

Fine. First hit was the 10th Hampshire Potato
Day in January 2008..

Unless of course you take a day trip. At the Potato Day near where
I live there are about 140 varieties for sale, at about 12p a tuber,
so you can buy as much or as little as you like. We usually buy 12
varieties and see how they come out.

I guess I will be limited to the potato seed offered here..

Alan Romans has written a splendid book on seed potatoes,

Found its ISBN-10 and -13 on internet and will try to get it..

Arran Victory (1918),
King Edward (1902),

Thanks for the quotes..

You might want to think about a lower dry-matter potato like Charlotte for
making a potato salad. Don't even consider Arran Victory for a potato
salad.

There's a French salad sort called "Charlotte" available here..!

--
cu
Marco