Old 02-12-2007, 09:40 PM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default Beautiful rain

"SG1" wrote in message

it's true though. while it troubles me that family farms are being
screwed over to benefit corporations (cubbie station anyone?!)

Kylie can you tell me exactly what is going on at Cubbie this year?

actually no - i\ve not been following it. i got rage about it :-)

How many
folk have left Dirrin because of the drought. What the plantings are this
season? Cubbie gets water when the Balonne floods. At the moment the
Balone is flowing north of Beardmore dam, that water will never reach
Cubbie.
On a positive but sad note, my tanks overflowed last night for the first
time since installation. 40% to 120% in a week. It is sad because the
ground at the base of the tanks did not need the water.
Jim

that is maddening when that happens. i have one very small tank which is
only ever either empty or full to overflowing, very annoying. i liked
terry's idea.
kylie