Old 02-12-2007, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
someone someone is offline

Default Seed potato sorts

"Gill Matthews" Try the wrote in message
T...
In article ,

says...
Marco Schwarz wrote:
:: Hi..
::
:: Next season I'd like to try out the following sorts (seed potatoes
:: are available here):
::
:: # Arran Victory
:: # King Edward
::
:: Any suggestions..?
:
:
::
:: Other recommendations..?
::
:: Thanks in advance..
:: --
:: cu
:: Marco

King Edwards are wonderful but the slugs think so too. I would definitely
use nemaslug if I were to grow those to reduce/stop any damage. My
favourite
for an early is Pentland Javelin and I am moving to the T and M blight
resistant ones on the whole as we always get blight here at some time in
the
season

I tried sarpo mira (sp?) the year before last and treated it as an early
maincrop. It didn't get blight, yielded well, but the taste was a bit
disappointing. Still taste is after all a matter of taste :-)

I agree with you, while we had a good yield, this potato had very little
flavour.

someone