Old 03-12-2007, 09:01 AM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Trying to ID a mysterious fruit

On 3/12/07 08:24, in article ,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

In article WiE4j.87755$cD.32967@pd7urf2no,
says...

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 2/12/07 15:33, in article
, "bof"

Coming in rather late - I wonder if it is a variety of Loquat, Eriobotrya
japonica. I know the typical fruit is not grooved, hence the suggestion
that it's a variety. The stucture is similar.
Graham

Although the fruit may have some similarities they have large evergreen
leaves so you would have thought would have been mentioned, the original
description sounded like the "pumpkins" were spread over bare branches.

I emailed the Solanum description and a pic to my 'informants', so I'll let
you all know. I could only tell you what I was told, I'm afraid!
--
Sacha