Old 03-12-2007, 02:55 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default iced over pond

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 05:13:08 CST, ~ jan wrote:

Can't see most of the pond due to the snow on the screens. Brought in bird
bath with pump so the weather doesn't ruin it, put out a large electric dog
dish for the birds/squirrels. Wireless thermometer to the koi ponds is on
the fritz, so don't know the temp unless I walk out to the filter and pull
the one out of there and look.s ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

My water temp thermometer doesn't work any more either, but I know
what is wrong with mine. I pinched the line going from the remote
unit to the bulb sensor with a staple while relocating it. I don't
have the ice problem you guys share, but I did enjoy not having to
walk outside to check the water temperature.

Ambient temperature right now is 61F tomorrow morning is supposed to
be down into the high 20's, so I might get a sliver of ice, but it is
like a high school romance, doesn't last long here. I do miss the
remote though.
--
Hal Middle Georgia, Zone 8
http://tinyurl.com/2fxzcb