Old 03-12-2007, 05:36 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Viticulture II

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from Scott Hildenbrand contains these
words:

FarmI wrote:

Either put some thought
into the question about the sort of advice you are really seeking or
go to a
library or try google.

Thank God, a thoughtful way of saying you're question is so vague it
defies answer.

No need to be overly rude to the OP. Their question was indeed vague but
I'd chock that up to inexperience with news groups.

Nobody gets to adulthood without learning that even simple requests
like "can you give me directions " always has to be qualified with a
destination. And, few internet virgins find their way to newsgroups
first, before learning there are websites and search engines.

OTOH, such fecklessly inadequate queries are frequently used by
trolls to stir up rows among other posters about who was rude etc.

Janet

It's reminiscent of a real classic from rec.food.cooking, a year or two ago.

Subject line: Can I make lasagna at home?
Body of message: How?

Not a clue as to whether it wanted to know how to make the finished dish, or
the noodles themselves. The OP never returned, but that didn't prevent a
bunch of responses from kindhearted saps who assumed they knew what the
question was.