Old 03-12-2007, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tom Gardner Tom Gardner is offline

Default 'Lemon verbena'

(Nick Maclaren) wrote in
:

In article ,
Tom Gardner writes:

| Well, I remember the days when 1/2 was a 7-bit character :-)
|
| I remember when they were three 5-bit characters.
| (I don't think they required 5 characters, but I'd
| have to check to be certain)

It depends on which 5-bit code. I can no longer remember either of
the ones I used.

Elliott and Ferranti in my case.

I'm still rather pleased that my first machine
code program as a schoolkid was to convert from
one to the other, and in doing so I inadvertently
"invented" FSMs.

I wish graduates were taught about FSMs as being
useful for more than compiler parsing, sigh.