Old 03-12-2007, 04:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Look, an epiphyte

Thanks Reiner, I'm always interested in how many roots plants make in real
life. By comparison those in our greenhouses are fat and sassy, *G*.
They'd never survive in the wild! Orchid obesity rates are increasing.
Back in the 1830s no one ever suffered root rot. Leaf tip die back was
unheard of...

"AusDigi" wrote in message
Yes, that's a root wandering up to the left of the picture. There are
actually three roots heading off that way and presumably more around the
back. With the help of the original image I've drawn in the roots in this
attachment.

Reiner

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Thanks for the habitat pic! Stupid question, but where are its roots? I

see
one going off to the upper left (as we see it on the picture) but are

there
others under the lichen/mossy stuff?