Old 03-12-2007, 07:30 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
k k is offline

Default OT Acorns

Where I lived it was the ravens out to get you...
we lived in Northern Canada and shared our townsite
with bears and wolverines, seals and ravens.
The ravens are smart birds and they got bored. A lot.
When they got bored of turning over garbage cans they
used to go bowling. They liked to go bowling at the crack
of dawn. They would pick up a rock, fly to the ridge pole
of our roof and drop the rock. The rock would roll down the
roof and if it hit the gutter it was worth mega points. But
the winning point was scored if the rock rolled along the
gutter and went down the rain spout. Clang, clang, clang
down the rain spout and out into the street. Where they
would pick it back up and again and bowling by raven
would start all over again.
k :-)