Old 03-12-2007, 11:16 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dioclese Dioclese is offline

Default Problems by humans on trees

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 01:16:28 -0600, "Dioclese" NONE wrote:

"Treedweller" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 09:48:41 -0600, "D. Staples"
wrote:

Jangchub wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 08:10:38 -0500, "symplastless"
wrote:

Unless you have a comment on trees and their proper care, please
reframe
from your negative attacks.

John, I have to tell you, based on your behavior, constant spamming
with your links, and ongoing taunting, I wouldn't call you as an
arborist if you were the last one on earth.

I understand you are passionate about this, but give it a break, man.
Nobody asked you to constantly post links over and over ad nauseum.
You turn off many people and it isn't because your information is not
right, it's the presentation. It's old aready.

Add to it a lot of his stuff is not right, and you see the problem.
I'm as tired as anyone of the constant repetition, but please direct
me to any information he has provided that is not accurate.

Keith Babberney
ISA Certified Arborist #TX-0236AT

You're right. Its accurate to say if you plant tree too deep, it will
have
problems. (Then, leave you hanging exactly how deep you should plant a
tree...) (Of course its a generic tree since it addresses no specific
species). (Of course, the depth of planting too deep is never defined...)

Strangely unspecific, generic and nowhere to go...

Oh, the generic tree. Should we rake up the leaves under the generic tree
in fall, or leave them be (Y/N)? No specifics, please. No weblinks,
thanks.
Dave

put it this way, it is ultimately always better to plant ANY tree too
shallow than it is too deeply. The root or trunk flare must be above
ground on any tree, period the end.

Agreed. But, what is too shallow, what is too deep for ANY tree? The
weblink Symplastless said to go to has no reference. No tree specified. No
depth specified. Leaves the reader hanging, wondering "now what?" in
exactly what is too deep or too shallow. Remember, no species of tree is
mentioned.

Was hoping one of the posters who advertised themselves a arborist would
jump in for an appropriate answer. Should have known better....

Raking leaves is a good idea when it comes to fruit trees. The
leaves, fruit droppings and pits or seeds can carry disease so should
be removed. For ornamental trees it is best to leave the litter, but
in that case I would recommend you shred them with your lawn mower
first.

Okay. Common trees in our area. Native Live oak (early spring only
leaves), Native Juniper ashe - blueberry (needles fall anytime), Pecan
(leaves in fall season). Some Yankees are saying to keep the leaves raked
up due to what you said on fruit trees applies to ALL trees I've read in
similar newsgroup. Course, the common sense types have said "poppycock" as
nature shows otherwise in a natural setting.
Dave