Old 04-12-2007, 02:32 AM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Problems by humans on trees

"Dioclese" NONE wrote in message

Simple. You plant the tree, whatever species, most of the time, at the
depth the roots come off the trunk. people here plant trees so deep the
branches are coming out of the ground.

Do you know the anatomy differences between a woody root and a woody stem?
Trees do not have root flares, they have trunk flares. You should look
ariound and find a tree biology workshop to attend. Then you will be able
to answer your own question.

Roots down, stem up. Mulch to be kept at least 6" from the trunk flare.
3-4 inches thich and flat. Whatever species. Its not rocket science.

Get the book MODERN ARBORICULTURE to learn about trees. I will bet you
never read the book. Yet you complain about poor instructions. MA is a
lucid book. READ! READ! READ! THINK! THINK! THINK! PLEASE PLEASE
PLEASE. Can't afford the book. Come visit me and I will give you one.
What more can I offer you? Other than that maybe you don't like trees? I
do not know!