Old 04-12-2007, 04:33 AM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default non-ornamental crabapple

Very good question. They may have them here. The guy that owns this place
has studied with me does know his plants well.
http://www.sln.potsdam.ny.us/

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..
we're building a barn, which unfortunately has to be located
where my one & only crabapple tree was (it's already cut down).
it was a decent, but small-fruited, edible crabapple. i'd like
to replace it with another edible crab, but with slightly larger
fruit, more like small apple size. anyone know of variety name
(s) or source for this type? i know they exist somewhere. my
grandmother had one in southwestern NY. i'm in zone 5b, NH.
lee who will check with my aunt to see if that tree still
exists & if i can get some grafts, too