Old 04-12-2007, 08:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Septic Tank: how often to clean?

On 4/12/07 08:50, in article ,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

In article ,
says...
Huh. We have the septic tank AND the water rates. Well, I hope they'll
drop now we've put in a borehole for the nursery! ;-)
--

Should do, you are sw water as well, we have a septic tank and a well, I
think our water bill averages about £10 per quarter, most of that is the

The borehole is for the nursery use only, the house is still on the mains.
Until we put the borehole in, we were paying about £5,000 per year for
water. It cost around £8k to put in, so it won't take long to pay for
itself - unless we have another terrible summer! ;-)
Currently SWW are digging up the lanes round here to put in new water pipes
and the confusion traffic-wise is terrible. They started at the beginning
of October and said it would take 40 days - they hope to be finished by
Christmas.........
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk