Old 04-12-2007, 09:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Septic Tank: how often to clean?

On 4/12/07 00:16, in article , "Pete
Stockdale" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...

Huh. We have the septic tank AND the water rates. Well, I hope they'll
drop now we've put in a borehole for the nursery! ;-)

Oh - please be careful with location of your facilities !
We have a sceptical tank but prefer to rely on the water from above to
fulfil our plant water needs.
Our glasshouse roof collects more water than we could ever use for the
nursery.
Regards
Pete
Nanneys Bridge Nursery
www.thecanalshop.com

Unfortunately, rain water alone won't do it for three poly tunnels and four
greenhouses of large size. We have quite an area of open ground which
nature waters for us from time to time. The septic tanks were - presumably
- put in when the house was built in 1851 and another was put in when the
nursery grew to the point of needing loos for customers.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk