Old 04-12-2007, 08:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
Sheldon[_1_] Sheldon[_1_] is offline

Default OT - can opener

"Val" wrote:

Swingaway manual can opener here, too. Has rubbery/vinyl type handle
coating. I've had the same one for about 20 years. Once in awhile I dunk it
in the dishpan and scrub the cutter wheels with an old toothbrush or just
plunk it in the dishwasher.......still works like a charm. I think I picked
mine up at Ace Hardware. See link for easy to identify visual aid...http://www.kitchenkapers.com/5666.html

Val

I've been using my Swing-A-Way for more than 40 years... it opens cans
perfectly every time, any size, any configuration... I'm sure it will
last another 40 years. I typically wash it by hand but every so
often, about once a month, I remember to put it into the dishwasher,
not a speck of rust on it. I don't remember what I paid for it back
then, probably less than $2. Mine has white vinyl clad handles. I
have a second one packed away with my camping gear in a small back
pack type carrier that I grab whenever I go on a road trip.