Old 04-12-2007, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Flowering in April - west country

On 4/12/07 16:15, in article , "Bob
Hobden" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote
What would be *your* choice of flowering shrubs or trees to commemorate
the
birth of two grand children in April? We had a lively discussion about
this
today, despite my personal abhorrence of too much forward planning! ;-)
Any ideas? What have others done?

You could plant a couple of Azaleas with their names in the names, or
thinking of my stomach how about an Apricot or two, should flower about then
and they will love the fruit later in the summer.

You and Rhiannon are onto winners there, I think. Personally, I favour the
apricot over the Azalea - at least until we know what the names are to be.
One daughter did actually toy with the idea of a flowering cherry. I do so
wish we could plant a Jersey elm for the older grandchild's first birthday.
;-(
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk