Old 04-12-2007, 07:00 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Trying to ID a mysterious fruit

In article ,
(David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)) writes:

| Certainly, I found an online discussion where what were clearly loquats
| (in Italy) were being called medlars in English, nespole in Italian.

Several Romance languages have terms for medlars, loquats and other
fruit that overlap strangely with English. Think of French terms
for lime, lemon, citron, grapefruit and shaddock for another example.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.