Old 04-12-2007, 07:02 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Trying to ID a mysterious fruit

On 4/12/07 17:49, in article ,
"David Horne, _the_ chancellor *" wrote:

Charlie Pridham wrote:

In article ,
says...

[]
One fruit I particularly like but don't see much in the UK shops is
grenadilla (is there an English name?). Divine! Lidl (of all places!)
was selling them a while back...

Grenadilla is one of several species of Passion fruit

So I see, but when I think of passion fruit (at least what goes by that
name here) it's quite different.

Where is 'here'? The Passionflower most seen grown outdoors in UK is
Passiflora caerulea.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk