Old 04-12-2007, 07:32 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_2_] Ophelia[_2_] is offline

Default Trying to ID a mysterious fruit

Sacha wrote:
On 4/12/07 19:07, in article
, "David Horne, _the_
chancellor *" wrote:

Sacha wrote:

On 4/12/07 17:49, in article
, "David Horne, _the_
chancellor *" wrote:

Charlie Pridham wrote:

In article ,
says...
[]
One fruit I particularly like but don't see much in the UK shops
is grenadilla (is there an English name?). Divine! Lidl (of all
places!) was selling them a while back...

Grenadilla is one of several species of Passion fruit

So I see, but when I think of passion fruit (at least what goes by
that name here) it's quite different.

Where is 'here'? The Passionflower most seen grown outdoors in UK
is Passiflora caerulea.

UK- I'm talking about passion fruit you buy in shops...

Oh, sorry. I'm on a single-track gardening mind, obviously!

Does passion fruit grow on passiflora?