Old 04-12-2007, 03:31 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default OT Acorns

On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 13:44:57 CST, Galen Hekhuis
wrote:

The live oaks never seem to get bare like other trees. I don't
know if they are actually classed as "evergreens."

Yes, we consider them evergreens because they have green leaves in the
winter. Never seen one completely bare, but foliage is less dense and
new growth is apparent for a few days, maybe a couple weeks about
February for me. I usually notice it when I'm cleaning out the
plugged carport downspout. The live oak is the Georgia state tree.
It is also protected along the gulf coast and some are truly majestic
trees that have lived 500 years and survived hurricanes. That doesn't
mean they are a good idea close to a pond, or driveway.
--
Hal Middle Georgia, Zone 8
http://tinyurl.com/2fxzcb