Old 05-12-2007, 04:18 AM posted to rec.gardens
HettieŽ HettieŽ is offline

Default squirrels

paghat wrote:

We live in the midwest, northern. My aunt had one as a pet, Jocko, for
many years, didn't get as tame as yours, would eat out of her hand, and
we all loved it. They trapped it in my neighbor's attic. She was a
teacher and had a big round wire mesh cage built for it, probably took
it to school for the students. Hers didn't have the dark markings, and
they are smaller than other squirrels, except I've had a couple regular
black ones that are quite small compared to the fox and grays.