Old 06-12-2007, 09:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default anemones

Dave Hill wrote:
On 4 Dec, 16:47, Stuart Noble wrote:
I bought a pack of "mixed anemone" bulbs in the supermarket, planted
them in November, and now they're shooting like mad. Will they just kind
of hang around till Spring before they flower or have they got confused
about the seasons? Thanks for any advice

We used to plant Anemone corms late summer to flower under cold glass
through the winter, they are quite tough so as long as yours don't get
water logged they should be fine and should flower in the spring.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Thanks. They're in a 50-50 sand/compost mix in a tub, so water logging
shouldn't be an issue. I'll keep my fingers crossed