Old 06-12-2007, 02:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Septic Tank: how often to clean?

In article 4757fd8a$0$22943$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
01.iinet.net.au, ask@itshall says...
"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
"Sacha" wrote in message
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

Most people I know with modern ones have a yearly contract.

I think there might be quite a lot in that last sentence, Charlie.
I'm a
bit concerned that the OP is hearing about people who haven't touched
a tank
in 15 years

If it's working and not causing any problems why should it be interfered
with?

Those who have such working installations are confident that they don't
need interference for any reason.

Mary

Incorrect attribution Mary.

?

I didn't attribute to anyone :-)

THIS is an attribution:
" "FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote in message"

You were responding to something that Sacha wrote, not something that I
wrote. You snipped what I wrote but left my name in.

Easily done, I am still getting used to this newsreader which sort of
does the snipping automatically when you press follow up but for some
reason if its a long post starts by removing the most recent lower stuff!
I have several times been caught out, and posted something which if
someone had not read the previous post would have made little or no
sense! (I know if I highlight the bit I am responding to it does it
correctly) but it is nice not to have the cross posted and silly stuff
that was in danger of swamping me at this end.
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk