Old 06-12-2007, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Marco Schwarz Marco Schwarz is offline

Default Seed potato sorts

Hi..

Bob Hobden wrote:

Depends on your soil type and the age old Ground Slug problem.
For example...
King Edwards do not seem to like clay soil so we only ever got small
tubers (with holes in!).

Good to know, thanks..

Aran Victory is rather uncommon so may be difficult to find and it needs a
long season ( so not good if slugs are a problem for you)

I see..

If you have a problem with slugs eating your potatoes then there are a
number of Slug resistant varieties some of which we have tried and can
recommend (marked with **) for clay soil...

Kestral** - second early (good keeper for a SE)
Lady Rosetta - se
Maritiema - se
Romano** (red skinned)- early maincrop
Hermes - maincrop
Midas- mc
Pentland Dell - mc
Spey **(child of Kestral, very similar)- maincrop

Thanks, will do some Google searches..

Not slug resistant but makes wonderfully tasty chips... Majestic .. like
they used to taste.

:-))
--
cu