Old 06-12-2007, 11:21 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default iced over pond

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 09:08:30 CST, Hal wrote:

Mine is made by Oregon Scientific and a long wired probe was shipped
to me yesterday. Amazon.com has them listed by other companies that
sell through them. I don't know if they would operate on the same
frequencies, or with the Springfield inside unit.

Will one of these work with your model?
http://tinyurl.com/2hgahn

Yes, the 2nd one down. Last night though I happened to find another website
with the same price, so I ordered 2 of the remotes, as my sister dropped
hers in the pond. Unfortunately she didn't keep it, and tossed it and the
wire in the garbage. She did keep the base station, so I'll send the new
remote... and keep one for me for the wire. Figure I'd better do it now
since it is the older unit and I expect they will phase them out shortly.

Tx, Hal. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us