Old 07-12-2007, 04:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Slc. Jeweler's Art 'Waimao Plum' - slcjewelersartwaimaoplumjpg (1/1) [115K]

"tbell" wrote in message
.com...
On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 19:19:31 -0800, tenman wrote
(in article ):

tbell wrote:
Fantastic, musky fragrance.
And yes, the petal color is different on the two large inflorescences.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

The peach half is fantastic! If you're certain it is in fact one plant,
why do you think you got the color differential? Light? Temps?

I just don't know, Tennis. It's been growing in my small GH for years,
with
pretty diffused light and the usual wild swings of inland CA temperatures,
and I don't recall this happening before. For some reason, this year all
three inflorescences look as if they're straining to get out of the pot.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

I've heard these called chimaeras however I think whoever told me that used
the word wrong. If you google it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_%28plant%29 the definition for
chimaera that hasn't much to do with what Tom's plant is doing. All I know
is that these changes aren't stable (like pelorism or another true genetic
change). I don't know why they occur.

K Barrett