Old 08-12-2007, 07:21 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
jimnginger jimnginger is offline

Default Extra Seeds

On Dec 5, 6:52�am, "Tim" wrote:
Hello All!

I live in Zone 10 in So Calif. and many of the things you plant in
your zone may not be optimal for my zone - thus making seed mailing to
different zones impractical. For example, I grow a green pole bean
that does great in very hot weather but I do not consider it the best
example of a green bean I have ever tasted. It does however keeps
flowering during our extremely hot summers. I also buy my seeds from
Pinetree Gardens in New England as the seed packs are smaller & I
never even use all my seed as my growing space is limited. I keep mine
in a wide mouth big jar from Costo in the refrigerator to extend
storage life. I just sow heavier in subsequent years should I not see
enough sprouts. I honestly would share seeds if I found someone in
zone 10 who had interests in growing the same things as I do. That is
a long shot however. Regards - Jim in So Calif.