Old 08-12-2007, 11:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Christmas presents

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

But, if I won the lottery, that would require a miracle. Like many
people of my background, I have never bought a ticket, discourage
everyone from buying me one, and intend to continue in that line ....

Same here. I've quite a tidy sum in the bank by doing that :-)

I wonder what your background is though. Mine is a bookmaking family, I've
seen literally a rags to riches transformation made on threepenny and
sixpenny bets (and a lot of hard work). I don't want to be part of that
though.

Mary