Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
John Savage

Default Wisteria Poor flowering (Luxuriant)

(Mac Lynch) writes:
Kia Ora

I think KiaOra is a brand of baked beans here. :-))

We have a palish blue wisteria planted about 10 years ago.
We have to trim it back severely every year, it produces a few sparse flowers
for a short time then heaps of luxuriant green.
I have looked up Google & it says that feeding should be restricted for good
flowering. We have never fed the plants.
Any suggestions for getting rid of excess nourishment please.
The plants are in the garden, not in pots.
I know we are in NZ, but please help

Our friends in NZ have been bemoaning how wet their winter and spring
have been. So I think that probably explains your problem: the wisteria
is getting too much water and not enough sun. Obviously, these do go hand
in hand--if it is cloudy and showery, there isn't much sunshine. :-(

So the short answer: join the exodus. Move to Bondi!
--
John Savage (for email, replace "ks" with "k" and delete "n")