Old 08-12-2007, 04:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Capsule ripening times for two tiny orchid species

That pod ripening page says Haraella retrocalla ripens in 170-180 days.
Sorry it doesn't say anything about the Psygmorchis.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~barryg/SPECIES.htm

K Barrett

"alpickrel" wrote in message
Haraella retrocalla
Psygmorchis pusilla

A man I know with these two orchids in his Dart Frog vivarium has put
seed capsules on them. Ordinarily I would tell people not to worry
about a capsule ripening within 8 weeks of pollination. "Don't worry
about signs of ripening for 8 to 10 weeks after pollination: That's
like the minimum time required and most are longer." Somehow the
small size of these two plants makes me want to second guess this
assumption and as usual the internet is mum on orchid capsule ripening
data.

I wrote to Troy Meyers to see if he had any specific data to share on
these two species or any general comments about tiny orchid species
and their capsule ripening times, but I thought I might also toss the
question into the cyberwind and see what blew back....