Old 08-12-2007, 10:20 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default Please Help Lawn Novice

Nil said:

On 06 Dec 2007, Alastair
wrote in alt.home.lawn.garden:

Hi everyone I have a huge lawn problem, as in that I need to
replace the old one. Its in awful shape. Half of it was ripped up
to replace the drainage as the garden was water logged. The other
half is un even and just looks bad.
The conclusion is that I want to replace the whole lot with new
turf and ripp up the old. The problem is the amount of land in
question (50 meters by 20 )and the fact it is stoney with clay
soil. I would like to know what tools I would need to lift the old
turf and to get rid of the weeds and what I need to do to prepare
for the new lawn . Thanks

I'll be interested to see what responses you get - I'd like to do the
same thing to my own weed patch. My yard is built over crappy fill that
has settled over time, so it is quite bumpy and uneven, and the topsoil
is thin and not very fertile. My yard is quite a bit smaller than
yours, though.

begin thread hijack

Dood! How ya been? =)

Whatever happened with the Yew?

--
Eggs

-If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip.