Old 08-12-2007, 10:49 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Nil Nil is offline

Default Please Help Lawn Novice

On 08 Dec 2007, Eggs Zachtly wrote in
alt.home.lawn.garden:

Dood! How ya been? =)

I've had a cold for the last month that won't go completely away. My
ears have been stuffed up for 3 weeks and I can hardly hear, which is
about the most annoying symptom I could have, as you might imagine.

Haven't seen you around a.g. - you give it up?

Whatever happened with the Yew?

I lopped off their tops with a dull chainsaw, and (predictably,) they
looked like hell. Then, later, a landscaper was working on my
neighbor's yard, and he agreed to cut them both down and haul them away
for a modest fee. So, for the winter, my front door is very exposed to
the street and the weather. Next spring I'll plant something to replace
at least one of them. Something evergreen, not too big around, or at
least that I can prune narrow, and that can be kept at about 8 feet
tall. Any suggestions? I was wondering if a holly might work.