Old 08-12-2007, 09:49 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
chatnoir chatnoir is offline

Default Winter and Netting

On Dec 4, 8:33 pm, ~ jan wrote:
Some of you may remember we strung up pond netting from deck to fence
because of the dying maple. Little did I realize that a little wet snow
would cause it to come crashing down. I've never seen anyone ever mention
this. ??? ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds:www.jjspond.us

I have had a foot of snow on my netting before I knocked it off! The
Unsupported part of the netting really hung low; but it did not
break! It was attached to strong supports and the top supports kept
the whole net from hanging down as a whole! I later added strong wire
supports from the pole ends you see on the top and attached them from
the end to 3 spread out places on the opposite wall!:

http://wolfbat359.com/catcage.html

specifically:

http://wolfbat359.com/catcage104.jpg

http://wolfbat359.com/catcage109.jpg