Old 08-12-2007, 09:49 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
JB[_1_] JB[_1_] is offline

Default Blue Herons and their seasons

Drove in from work yesterday afternoon and had a GBH standing by my pond.
It's covered with netting right now to catch the leaves so it can't get in
and go fishing. I've seen it back in the area twice since. sigh I'm afraid
there's going to be some run ins down the line. I dug my pond with no plant
ledges to keep the raccoons at bay but the GBH is another story. That thing
looked to be 5 foot tall standing in the yard!

"Kurt" wrote in message
Had one cruise my pond a few weeks ago, hasn't been back. Don't know
much about their migratory habits in So Cal area. Do they hang out all
year?