Old 09-12-2007, 04:34 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_14_] Reel McKoi[_14_] is offline

Default Blue Herons and their seasons

"JB" wrote in message
Drove in from work yesterday afternoon and had a GBH standing by my pond.
It's covered with netting right now to catch the leaves so it can't get in
and go fishing. I've seen it back in the area twice since. sigh I'm
afraid there's going to be some run ins down the line. I dug my pond with
no plant ledges to keep the raccoons at bay but the GBH is another story.
That thing looked to be 5 foot tall standing in the yard!

And given the chance they'll clean every single fish out of your pond. I'm
think it may not have been the raccoon that got all the GF in the one
unnetted pond we have. It may have been this GBH.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.