Old 09-12-2007, 11:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Septic Tank: detecting height of sludge-level?

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.net...
On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 23:51:55 +0100, Martin wrote:

Why on Earth would anyone want to put fat or oil down the drain?

because they do.

Out of ignorance. Does anyone keep a bowl or dripping in the fridge any
more?

I do, but we rarely fry food. I have a fridge specially for sheep fat.

The fat was liquid when I poured it down...

Come on, Dave, you know more about physics than to do such a silly thing :-)

Caravanners are always complaining about blockages caused by fat but they
carry on putting it down their wastes. Mad.

Mary