Old 09-12-2007, 07:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Septic Tank: detecting height of sludge-level?

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.net...
On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 11:48:24 -0000, Mary Fisher wrote:

The fat was liquid when I poured it down...

Come on, Dave, you know more about physics than to do such a silly thing
:-)

I do, you do, but I expect a significant number of the population don't.

Hence the reference to dripping in the fridge. If you have never seen what
happens to the "juices" from a roast once they go cold you won't have made
the connection, even then I expect people will think the hot water will
wash it away, whcih to some extent it will but not completely...

The watery juice from a roast is delicious gravy. The fat content is
delicious but not gravy. If left unattended the solid particles will grow
hair.

Baldies - don't get excited :-)

Mary

--