Old 10-12-2007, 12:40 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

Default Barking dog next door

Sammy bin Snoozin wrote:
We have a dog next door that barks day and night. Owner won't do anything about it.

I have heard there are devices that you can set up near the fence, and when the dog barks, it emits an audio signal that hurts their ears but is too high for humans to hear. The idea is to train the dog to stop barking.

Anyone heard of such device?

I have the same problem. I bought a boat air horn for about $20 and when
he keeps barking for more than 15 minutes or so, I walk up to the fence,
point it right at him, and give him a 2-3 second blast. That usually
stops him. His owner is a real prick and won't do anything about it. He
doesn't seem to mind me blasting his dog though.

--
Art