Old 11-12-2007, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Seeds - where to get interesting vegetable seeds?

In article , Nick Maclaren
writes

Spanish Black bolted faster than a CD-ROM of personal data from a
government department. We got one meal's worth from three sowings.

Kinbi (supposed to be well flavoured) tasted of almost nothing, and
didn't root up at all well.

Both did seem to be a bit more fly-resistant than the 'fly-resistant'
one, but there wasn't enough of either to be certain.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

I tried "broad yellow ripple currant" tomatoes one year from Garden
organic or whatever they were calling themselves. They were lawful.
really titchy and tasted unripe. Difficult to grow as they were spindly
as well. Also "vale of tears" beans supposedly taken by the Indians when
they were marched off their lands to those awful reservations. I can see
why they didn't want to go if they only had those beans for company.
Grew to about 6 inches, fell over and withered.................

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph