Old 11-12-2007, 12:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Camellia recommendation

What puzzles me about the garden trade is that there isn't a load of
Camellia sasanquas on the front step at every garden centre. Surely
they'd make a killing at this time of year. Maybe people are just not in
gardening mode in December.

THere is some truth in that statement, goodness knows how many times
people get told its an ok time to plant!

But it would be ok to leave them outdoors in their pots presumably? I
suppose garden centres just can't take the risk of a sudden cold snap.
Seems a shame that I'm not likely to see a sasanqua for sale while it's
actually in flower (and I'm much more likely to buy it).