Old 11-12-2007, 03:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gary Woods Gary Woods is offline

Default Seeds - where to get interesting vegetable seeds?

Janet Tweedy wrote:

Also "vale of tears" beans supposedly taken by the Indians when
they were marched off their lands to those awful reservations. I can see
why they didn't want to go if they only had those beans for company.

Curiously, I have "Cherokee Trail of Tears," which is a quite nice pole
bean. Did well in my usual scheme of six poles in a teepee. I have a nice
stand of maple saplings out in back; call it my bean pole farm.