Old 11-12-2007, 04:13 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Derek Broughton Derek Broughton is offline

Default So warm the fish are awake again....

Reel McKoi wrote:

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
Gareee© wrote:

And looking for handouts.. it was almost 70 here, after a few weeks with
nights below 30 degree temps!

Looks like the next 3-4 days will be the same..

-8C at home this morning - and even colder inland.

Colder today!

I'm curious. What do you use for heating fuel in such a cold climate?

Mostly sunlight. I have an off-grid, active- and passive-solar home. I
have a small oil stove in the living room, and the heat from that and solar
gain is recirculated through the concrete slab by solar-powered fans.
--
derek