Old 12-12-2007, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Seeds - where to get interesting vegetable seeds?

In article , Gary Woods
writes
Janet Tweedy wrote:

What were the beans like eventually Gary? I never found out what they
tasted like etc.

Quite nice; a bit shorter and stouter than some I grow, though not so much
so as the Romano types. They turn a sort of bronze color as they mature
past the snap bean stage; I've got quite a lot to plant for next year!
They easily climbed past the top of the 8-foot poles I make the teepees
with.... since they're slanted, I can just reach the tops to pick the
beans.

My blue French beans were like that. I wondered if I ought to have
pinched the topes out as they got to the top because they did get sort
of tangled once they had nowhere to go!
One set I undid as per sweet peas and wound them round the base of the
wigwam more before letting them climb again.

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph