Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
S. McLaren

Default Solving the Drought and Bushfire crisis

"muser" wrote in message
Well I dunno about "solving bushfires" but i think the water usage
problem would be dramatically improved if all new (and replacement)
plumbing systems were compost toilets, worm-farm waste systems and the
like.. imagine those lush green lawns, gardens and vegie patches..
imagine the water saved from non-water using toilets and recycling
shower water into the washing machine etc.

Hmmm.. that would be really good. I'm all for such "green" measures!

Do any of the farmers here practise the horticultural methods used by the
farmers in Israel? I've read pretty impressive accounts of how they are
surviving in an arid land using very radical water saving measures.