Old 12-12-2007, 10:40 PM posted to rec.gardens
Charles[_1_] Charles[_1_] is offline

Default Soil

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 20:02:36 +0000, CORVIDSTATION61
wrote:

Hi everyone!
Could anyone tell me if certain plants thrive in poor soil, does that
mean they wont grow very well in good soil? Thanks Mark

A counter example, Protea. Soil with adequate phosphorous for most
plants is toxic to them. Pacific Horticulture magazine had an article
about them, one place they grew very well would not support weeds.

I think there are other plants from Australia with a similar
phosphorous sensitivity.