Old 12-12-2007, 11:28 PM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default dictionary update

Tree Farming and Related Problems
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/SOUND/

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Consulting Arborist
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.

"Don Staples" wrote in message
"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"symplastless" wrote:

That all started with Don. Where have you been?

I can believe that. I guess you were asking for help with editing your
web site.

All I am saying is if Don has "nothing" to say, let him say it. Too
often it seems that your (you and Don) interaction boils down to a
****ing match over his putative degrees (I took a cursory look at
Humbolt States forestry program and didn't see biology, botany, zoology,
biology, or geology directly mentioned in the outline for the degree.
Sorry if it sounds like I'm dissing your degree Don. I'm not. I'm taking
it on faith but I have no way to verify it.) and your work with Dr.
Shigo.

You apparently had no idea of what you were looking at, or didn't look at
all. I suspect the latter. I will be happy to define the subjects for
you and dead wood, should you have problems with the big words.

FOR 100. Critical Thinking and Social and Environmental Responsibility
(3). How to think critically. Argument identification and evaluation.
Formal and informal fallacies. The use of critical thinking methods with
application to questions of environmental and social responsibility.

FOR 100R. Critical Thinking and Social and Environmental Responsibility
(3). How to think critically. Argument identification and evaluation.
Formal and informal fallacies. The use of critical thinking methods with
application to questions of environmental and social responsibility.
Limited to undergraduate. For Humboldt Connections cohort. [GE.]

FOR 150. Logging Conference Field Trip (1). Field trip to regional logging
conference to observe professional demontrations of forest operations
equiment and to hear presentations by experts in forest managment
operations. Does not count towards forestry major. Rep. CR/NC.

FOR 170. Conclave: Logging Sports Competition (1). Local or regional
logging sports competition. Safe use of traditional and modern forest
operations equiment. Does not count towards forestry major. Rep. CR/NC.

FOR 116. The Forest Environment (4). The forest and its complexity.
Identify trees, plant communities, and wildlife and understand their
interdependence. Multicultural perspectives of historical and topical
conservation issues. Role and ethical responsibilities of the forester.
Weekly: 2 hrs lect, 1 hr disc, 3 hrs lab.

FOR 210. Forest Measurements (4). Forest engineering, public land survey,
distance direction, and elevation measuring; topographic map reading and
construction; log scaling and tree measurements under field conditions.
Weekly: 2 hrs lect, 1 hr disc, 3 hrs lab.

FOR 216. Forest Remote Sensing & Geographic Information Systems (4). Use
aerial photographs and satellite imagery to interpret, recognize, and
delineate forest types, land management practice, wildlife habitat, and
other significant environmental parameters. Map and spatially analyze
these landscape features using computerized geographic information systems
(GIS). Weekly: 3 hrs lect, 3 hrs lab.

FOR 220. Forest Resource Protection (4). Management of forests for
sustained health and productivity. Effects and symptomatic identification
of biotic and abiotic forest disturbance agents. Silvicultural strategies
for increasing resistance and decreasing susceptibility to damage. Prereq:
FOR 116 and FOR 230 (C), or IA. Weekly: 3 hrs lect, 3 hrs lab.

FOR 230. Dendrology (3). US trees and shrubs. Ranges, botanical
characteristics, commercial and noncommercial uses, growth rates, and
relation of plants to their total environment. Identify under field
conditions and using herbarium specimens. Weekly: 2 hrs lect, 3 hrs lab.

FOR 231. Forest Ecology (3). Ecological principles applied to forest
management. Production ecology, biogeochemistry, disturbances,
environmental factors, populations, community ecology, forest succession,
and forest classification and description. Weekly: 2 hrs lect, 3 hrs lab