Old 13-12-2007, 12:58 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Soil

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 20:02:36 +0000, CORVIDSTATION61
wrote:

Hi everyone!
Could anyone tell me if certain plants thrive in poor soil, does that
mean they wont grow very well in good soil? Thanks Mark

Of course. Every gardener knows how well weeds grow just about
anywhere. I saw a petunia growing (and flowering) out of a crack in
the street (and have a picture to prove it). Most cacti grow better
in poor soil than good soil. Now at this point I'm not sure how to
define "poor soil" and "good soil." I guess that depends on the plant
in question.