Old 12-12-2007, 11:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Gail Futoran Gail Futoran is offline

Default A less large rose garden

"Jeffrey L. Kline" wrote in message
. net...
I have two distant drums in pots as well as a country music and a hi
neighbor in the ground. All very nice although smallish at this
point. I have 35 bucks in 5 inch pots under lights in my basement,
and they are blooming like crazy. Cute. Word around here is that
they are very hardy. The old Ford estate, (like in Ford motor
company) has a big collection that is quite outstanding.

Jeff Southeast Michigan, zone 5

The (the Ford estate collection) would be well
worth seeing.

Re hardiness of Bucks: I think that refers
to cold tolerance, right? That I don't have
problems with. I've noticed the Distant
Drums tolerate heat quite well, continuing
to bloom in the summer when many other
modern roses in my collection have
decided to wait for the fall cool-down.

Gail