Old 13-12-2007, 03:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default Yippee

Glad you got it burning Kathy!
Is your Southern burner the model that has a chimney?
Cheers Wendy
"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Apropos of nothing I finally got the GH heater back online. Well, I
really didn't have anything to do with it. All I did was take it out of
the GH, try to take the gas valve assembly off (all connections were
rusted solid, too) and give up. Then a friend's husband said 'let me take
a look' and after honing out the corroded pilot light and getting the new
gas valve assembly to hook up correctly it fired right up! There's
something to be said for knowing people who own every tool known to
mankind, as well as how to use them! Now I just have to soap the
connections to be sure they don't leak and its done. Just in time, its
been getting pretty cold out there. Anyway. Life is good.

K Barrett