Old 13-12-2007, 08:10 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Willshak Willshak is offline

Default Sears tractor keeps destroying pulleys

on 12/12/2007 11:26 PM Jim said the following:
willshak wrote:

[....]

I thought
that 84 Lumber was named that because it was near I-84 in my
area, an EW Interstate, but then I saw one in Delaware)

[....]

I thought 84 Lumber was named that because it stocked 84
different kinds of lumber.

I do still on occasion ponder where the name did arrive from.

Ponder no more.
From: http://www.84lumber.com/about/history.asp?type=

"84 Lumber Company's origins date to 1956 when Joseph A. Hardy III
biography_joe.asp?type= opened the
original 'cash and carry' lumber yard in the rural town of Eighty Four,
Pennsylvania,
20 miles south of Pittsburgh."

--

Bill